Allergy

Dust Mite Allergy – A Brief Overview

Dust Mite Allergy – A Brief Overview

Mostly, people are allergic to dust. In short, it is not really dust but dust mite which is organic living organism and are microscopic, which means that they cannot be seen from a naked eye. These house dust mites fall in the class of spiders and tick family and their main food is the shred of human skin, which is why they cause allergy and inflammation and swelling on the skin.
Although dust mites can be found anywhere and are inhabited in our own houses, yet there are ways we can prevent their occurrence and also prevent them from biting us. When these organisms dwell on our skin, our body produces a substance known as histamine which is responsible for causing allergic reactions and when this chemical is released, we develop allergy. When a person has an allergy, he / she usually experiences problems like runny nose, sneezing, itching and burning feeling and can also be a cause of asthma.
Dust mite allergy usually occurs because mites are made in an unusual way that is, they are made of decomposing animal parts and some proteins which may also become responsible for allergy in a person. The main problem is that, the mites which can be present anywhere at our house including sofas, furniture, stuffed toys, pillows, mattresses, draperies, carpets etc and are responsible for causing allergic reaction in a person reproduce and multiply amazingly quickly and rapidly and a person having inhaled these microscopic germs through dust and dirt is likely to develop allergies and nasal congestion, stimulated asthma and runny nose.
In order to prevent their multiplication and growth, all the utensils of the person who has an allergy like bed sheet, pillow covers should be washed and sterilized in hot water and ensured that it is clean before giving it for use. Also, you can get your covers dry cleaned and it should also be taken into consideration that sunlight kills bacteria and lots of germs.

 

 


Image courtesy of: voteprime

If the condition of the person has become worse and the allergy severe, then it is important that medication should be taken and this also includes allergy shots and anti-hispatine drugs that can stop allergy.
It is popularly said that “Prevention is better than cure” therefore, a person who is sensitive to such problems should be dealt with care and all his things should be cleaned weekly and washed.